Saturday, March 10, 2007

So I went to office today, and no one was there. Which in of itself was not that unusual, taking into consideration that its not open 24/7 and I go in after hours most of the time. I walk over to the workstation I normally use and turn on the computer, and then walk around the corner to the breakroom to get some coffie. Which I do. There was none ready of course, so I rinse out the pot, and make a fresh half-pot. I don't wait for it to finish cause I'm in a bit impatient, so I stick my mug under the dripper/spout thingy to fill it, and then switch out with the pot when the mug is too where I like it. Cream, sugar, walk back to desk. My email program is open. And right there on the screen, is a whole bunch of stuff that I know I shouldn't be seeing.
Ok, aside from the fact that I have classified stuff that I shouldn't have access too, who else is in the building? All I did was turn the machine on so it would boot (win2k takes a while to boot, so this is my normal routine.). I didn't sign in, or launch the email app. This stuff kinda flashes through my mind as I'm looking at the screen. I set the coffie down, and run back over to the front door. It's still locked from where I locked it behind me. I look outside, my car-check, anything glaringly out of place - nada. Ok. So I do a quick run through of the office. There's nobody else there. Who ever did it is either gone already, invisible, or a ninja. And in either of the last two cases, I don't stand much of a chance anyway.
Needless to say, I'm a little flustered at this point. This is all kinds of wrong. So, I unplug the desktop, walk outside, lock the door, and put the desktop in the trunk. Then I walk back, go to the break room and grab some paper towels, and try to clean up my prints. I spend about ten minutes playing Suzie Homemaker before it dawns on me that its probably a pointless task because my fricken prints are all over the place. Walk back out, lock up drive off.
This is messed up. My handler isn't answering. My rountine contacts arn't answering. Even the bartender at my "usual place" isn't here. "Out sick", replaced by the regular barback. No way I'm going back to the apartment tonight. Guess I'm sleeping in the car tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Saeid spouted off...

That is truly messed up, but typically neurocam-esque. I hope everything turns out ok.

I can't reach my handler either. Any idea what's going on?

9:44 AM  
Blogger Adela Rogers spouted off...

Coffie?

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous spouted off...

Shit, I could go for some coffee right about now Adela!

Greetings Neurocam Operative.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home